Friday, August 28, 2015

summertime progress


Wow, has the summer ever flown by!  Regular routine should resume next week when the kids go back to school and I think everyone is ready.
I made another block for this quilt today and I looked back at a previous post to see what I had called this project - Summertime.  I like it.  30 or so more blocks to make and many more fabrics to pull out and use :0)
 Earlier in the week I traced and pieced the final batch of leaves for the last branch on the 13th panel for my Trailing Vines quilt.  I kind of felt sad about it.  I have loved working on this project so very much. 
I'm about halfway up the branch now - I aim to have the top completely finished sometime next week. 
Happy Stitching!!

10 comments:

Cheri said...

Summertime is so appropriately named. It looks like a blooming flower garden. So near finished with the Susan McCord quilt. I know it will be beautiful. I also know how sort of emotional it is to put those last appliqué stitches in a quilt you have spent so much time. Celebrate each of the final leaves, can't wait for the pictures :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Glad to hear you enjoy trailing vines. I prepared the vines on one panel and then decided I needed to finish up some other things before I started to applique. Hopefully it can come out and play soon! Love the blocks in your Summertime quilt!

Every Stitch said...

Oh yes - Summertime is a perfect name! So exciting that Trailing Vines is almost done - and I do understand how you will miss it :)

Kyle said...

Summertime is sweet and soft and full of fresh colors. I know exactly how you feel when the end of a project is near. I think sometimes I slow down or find excuses not to finish. Funny isn't it.

audrey said...

It's hard for some projects to end, but your vines are fabulous. It's going to be such an amazing quilt.:)

Barb said...

your Summertime project is so fresh and pretty. Those are great fussy blocks. I can't believe your top is almost done! hooray. Are you going to hand quilt it?

Lori said...

You are on your last vine?! Wow! That quilt is stunning, you put a lot of hand work into it and I understand about it being hard to finish. Love your summertime blocks and sashing- it looks so summery.

Karen said...

I like the fabrics you used in the sun blocks. I am calling them sun blocks as that is what they look like to me. Nicely done.

Carrie P. said...

your blocks are so pretty. love the fabric you will use for the borders.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Love your Summertime blocks..I'm a sucker for stars.
Yes, goodbye summer, Hello Autumn! my fave season.