Wednesday, April 30, 2014

soccer season quilting

Soccer season continues here at our house.  With 3 kids in 3 different leagues there is soccer every day but Friday.  The weather has been pretty good so far which means I've been able to do some sidelines stitching on my stars.  This is such a great take along project - my little tin of supplies fits easily into my purse.
 
 I think this will be the 3rd season for this project.  How far will I get with it this year?  :0) 
 
 I've also been spending as much time as I can machine quilting this Cheddar posies quilt.
 DD#1 wants it to be in the quiltshow the last weekend of May.  Deadlines are good for me to get things finished.  I hope I make it - there's still quite a bit of quilting to do yet. 
I dislike turning big projects with my machine so instead of going in the ditch around the flowers (my usual method of machine quilting) I am putting diagonal lines in the blue.  I still haven't decided what to quilt in the petals.  I may try to free motion quilt something if I'm feeling brave.  I'm open to suggestions if you have any :0)

Happy Quilting!!

9 comments:

Kyle said...

When my girls were living at home I had a gymnastic quilt, piano lesson quilt and the cello and violin quilt. Your soccer quilt will be awesome.

Barb said...

Love the stars and they are looking great! The colors are great and you have a lot pieced together. Great take along project.
Your machine quilting looks great - go for it with the free motion!

Dawn said...

Fantastic stars! An admirable project, think of the memories with all the children's events :-)
I think the machine quilting in the petals will "speak" to you when the time is right.

Every Stitch said...

Just love the soccer quilt - such great colours you are using on those stars! Once you've quilted all those straight lines then see how it looks - it may 'speak to you' about the flowers then?

Cheri said...

Your stars are beautiful. Stay warm on those sidelines :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I need to find a small tin for my EPP projects. I took my larger plastic tote with me to swim meets, but sometimes we can get crammed in there tight without enough room to work out of that tote. Love your cheddar posies ... can't wait to see how you decide to do the rest of the quilting.

Kindred Quilts said...

Will you be calling your sideline quilt, Soccer Stars? It's just beautiful... and a great project to tag along with you to the games! Years ago, I took counted cross stitch projects with me to all day baseball tournaments... didn't work out well on windy days however!

Lori said...

What a great portable quilt project and it is so beautiful. I find quilting large quilts rather tedious.

MARCIE said...

Your stars are striking!